The Rehabilitation Center at Friends House is available for inpatient and outpatient services and provides state-of-the-art rehabilitation resources in a spacious, well-lit, welcoming set of rooms designed to help patients reach their rehab goals. Physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists help patients recover from falls, strokes, surgeries for hips, knees, and shoulders, and other conditions that benefit from skilled rehabilitation services.
For Rehabilitation services call (707) 573-4521.
Friends House Rehabilitation Center offers:
- AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill – The newest innovation in rehab technology, this specialized treadmill enfolds the patient in an inflatable “bubble” around the lower body, enabling the therapist to decrease the amount of body weight the individual has to support while using the treadmill. A video monitor allows the individual to watch the movement of legs and feet while improving walking patterns and gaining strength.
- OmniVR ™ – a “Virtual Rehabilitation” system that helps with balance recovery, rebuilding range of motion, cognitive problem solving, and more
- OmniCycle – a therapeutic version of an exercise bike for legs and arms, which helps restore strength and range of motion while safely monitoring a patient’s condition.
- E-Stim – painless electrical stimulation that helps patients regain strength and range of motion for greater independence.
- VitalStim – for helping to restore safe swallowing ability
- Diathermy and Ultrasound – to assist with pain control and increasing range of motion.
- Standing frames – to help support patients who are building the strength to stand.
- The Occupational Therapy (O.T.) Kitchen – for training the safety skills needed to maximize independence during kitchen tasks.
Accelerated Care Plus
At Friends House, our Rehabilitation Therapy Team is certified in an advanced therapy program called Accelerated Care Plus™ (ACP). ACP is the leading provider of integrated clinical programs, therapeutic modalities, and products and services for rehabilitation.
Through the use of ACP techniques, our rehabilitation staff employes the tools and skill sets that treat a diverse range of ailments and conditions. Our therapists use a broad range of specialized techniques to extend residents’ functional gains.
ACP accelerates the introduction of traditional therapies, thus enabling more intensive therapy earlier in the stay. These techniques lead to treating pain (not just managing it), muscle re-education, wound healing acceleration, and reducing inflammation and swelling. ACP can also address the risk of future falls.
“Our goal is to turn injury or illness into healing and recovery.”
The Friends House Rehabilitation Center has one of the largest rehabilitation spaces of any Skilled Nursing Facility in Sonoma County, with a highly-trained staff who bring friendly care to each patient, developing an individualized treatment plan carefully tailored to each person’s needs in order to help each patient maximize their potential.
“We are dedicated to helping individuals to regain their ability to return, in a healthy and safe way, to their daily life.”
To begin your rehabilitation plan, call (707) 573-4521.